ALTOONA, Pa (WTAJ) – “Food for young children for the weekends” is the motto for the Mountain Lion Backpack System which has open enrollment all summer months.
The Mountain Lion Backpack System lets mom and dad to signal up for the method, which gives foodstuff on the weekends for university-age little ones. Mother and father can register as a result of this google sort. Decide-up areas for the backpacks will be at the collaborating church buildings throughout Altoona.
The program operates from June 16 – August 19. The pursuing churches are partners with the application:
- Heart City – Thursdays 6-8 p.m.
- Juniata United Methodist – Friday 2-6 p.m.
- New Existence Local community Church – Friday 10 a.m. -6:30 p.m.
- Catalyst Church – Friday Midday-6 p.m.
- Religion Baptist – Friday 1-3 p.m.
- Greenwood United Methodist – Friday 4-6 p.m.
- Winery Church – Friday 9-12:30 p.m.
- Providence Presbyterian – Friday 4-6 p.m.
- 4th Avenue Church of God – Friday 9 a.m. -12:30 p.m. or 4:30 p.m. -6
The system makes use of a warehouse on 2900 Beale Avenue, close to the 29th Street Bridge. Volunteers pack each and every of the bags with a range of foods and snacks. All of which have been donated to the application.
Get each day updates on regional information, weather conditions and sports by signing up for the WTAJ E-newsletter.
For a lot more information and facts, you can examine out the Mountain Lion Backpack Program on Fb or connect with 814-946-3651.