Office workers everywhere are sick and tired of the same old lunches day in and day out. So we’ve come up with a list of 10 healthy and cheap meal options that you can try next time you’re stuck in a rut:
1. Tacos: Warm some tortillas, fry an egg, top with cilantro, avocado, red onion and spicy salsa. Chill until lunchtime then eat straight from the fridge!
2. Rice Bowls: Cook rice or quinoa to make a base for your meal – I like tofu fried with soy sauce plus sweet potato cubes sauteed with garlic, ginger and chilli powder. Sprinkle over sliced green onion and sesame seeds. Drizzle on some soya sauce for a tasty finish.
3. Roast veg: Dice your favourite roast veggies into an omelette or scrambled with eggs at breakfast time then eat cold with a salad of sliced cucumbers, tomatoes and a red onion dressing drizzled over the top.
4. Baked Potato: I like to bake spuds in foil in the oven – it takes longer but the skin tastes better! Mash on butter/Greek yoghurt and top with cheddar cheese or chilli for a quick meal that’s filling too.
5. Avocado Toast: Mashed avocado on toast is super easy – add salt, pepper and olive oil for taste plus chopped basil leaves if you have them.
6. Salads: A simple salad is always a good option – try mixing greens with roasted vegetables, cooked grains, nuts and seeds.
7. Sandwiches: Make sure your sandwiches are packed with healthy fillings like roasted chicken, avocado, cucumbers and tomatoes.
8. Wraps: Similar to sandwiches, but easier to eat on the go! Try wrapping up some grilled vegetables, hummus and falafel in a whole wheat wrap.
9. Soups: A steaming hot soup is perfect for a chilly winter’s day. Choose broth-based soups that are low in fat and pack them with vegetables for added nutrients.
10. Smoothies: A delicious smoothie is a great option for those who need something to go! Use almond milk as a base, then add some veggies like kale or spinach plus fruit of your choice.
Healthy Meal Delivery Services
We’ve all been there – you come home from a long day at work and you don’t feel like cooking. That’s why healthy meal delivery services make such a difference – they leave the hard parts of planning tasty noodle and rice meals up to a delicious eatery like White Restaurant https://whiterestaurant.com.sg/bento-box so we can focus on making sure our homes are tidy!
Eating healthy is one of the best things we can do for our bodies. Not only does it help us stay fit and trim, but it also provides us with the energy we need to tackle our day-to-day tasks. Additionally, eating healthy has been linked with a reduced risk of developing chronic diseases such as heart disease, stroke and cancer.
So why not make a resolution to start eating healthy in the new year? There are plenty of resources available to help you get started, including websites, cookbooks and even healthy meal delivery services. So what are you waiting for?